Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Loyalty


Today has been one of those days where I should have turned my alarm off and buried my head under my pillow. Ostriches have it so easy.

Every little thing that could go wrong... has gone wrong. I've pretty much spent the entire day putting out fires at work. If I could put a rear naked choke on that fcker Murphy and his stupid law I would do it in two shakes of a lambs tail. Or in this case an ostrich's tail.

To make matters worse, my head feels like it is about to implode. Could be the concussion from two weekends ago, the beating that I took at Grappler's Quest, or it could be that my mind is occupied with all these conflicting emotions surrounding my personal life. Which brings me to my topic of today...Loyalty.

What does it mean to be loyal? To your friends? To your family? More specifically, what does it mean to be loyal to your dojo? Increasingly I've come across other blogs covering this topic, and it seems to be a touchy one. Sure whenever money is involved, politics are involved and everything can be a huge clusterfuck. But considering how much time my instructor has put into training me, the very least that I could do is respect his wish for his students to not train at other schools in the same city. It is a simple as that. We have spent countless hours together and we have history together and quite frankly I consider my friends, school, and training partners an extension of my family. I know that it would break my heart if I had all this history with someone and that person did not think twice about whether or not their decisions would somehow put me in an awkward position. Especially if they should know better....

I love my friends, my family, and my school. I will always be loyal despite my tendency to make colossal errors in judgement. But this isn't always reciprocated.

HAHA this entry isn't really about my school at all is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment